Tuesday 2 August 2011

Bundle of Nerves - Update

Och, I knew it was bad news when the Surgeon looked me in the eye and said 'This is complicated...' - and so it was.

I'm home now and a brief synopsis is this - He thinks he can save my arm but it's 50/50. He's going to relocate the Ulnar nerve completely but it may not work. So the operation on my arm is imminent (I've to wait for the phone call) - and even if it does work I then have to have my spine operated on as it seems that's where the problem started - there's a bundle of nerves trapped in there somewhere and it's easy to understand why - I have an extra vertebrae, one too many (maybe that's why I'm so tall lol?).

Anyway - I'm off to bed now - good news is I'm going to bed with my splint and brace on the arm - which means I can type in the morning and finish the Blackford Bertie story when I wake up :) The bad news is I might get out of bed late as there's so much Velcro on the splint and brace that I get stuck to the blankets and it takes a while to extract myself  lol...

Love to you all! And thank you all for your kind wishes - speak to you in the morning!

Rory

10 comments:

  1. How the hell did you do that to your nerves? It sounds relatively encouraging so I'll hope for the very best for you.
    Sleep well. Look forward to part 2...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping for the best. Can't wait for the rest of the story. Hey...velcro won't stick to plastic..keep your arm in a plastic bag overnight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that the same problem Keith Emerson had? I hope you have a brilliant surgeon and all the painkillers you need. Keeping fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! I hope all goes well with the surgery and they can save your arm. What a horrible thing to experience. I'm sending happy vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds dreadful, but with your positive outlook and great sense of humor, I think your chances are better than 50-50. Attitude matters. Now, get your arse out of that bed and give us the rest of that story ... how did that dog DO, man???

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds more complicated than you originally wrote about. Many good, positive thoughts are going your way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They always give you the bleakest possible scenario and make you sweat buckets over it... here's hoping they get the optimal results for you, Rory. Now to catch up on your story...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope the doc is just a pessimistic chap and your op goes swimmingly. All my best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All we have to empower us to stare the abyss eye to eye are friends and family, humour and beer ... good beer that is ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck, Rory. Thinking of you and sending good vibrations :-)

    ReplyDelete